Everyone starts with the best intentions but often newsletters fall by the wayside because it’s too difficult to think up new content each month. I am currently putting together several annual newsletter plans that make it much easier when compiling your content monthly. Here’s a simplified version of how to plan your next 6 (or 12!) newsletters. (This plan is a starting point and everyone’s email will vary, depending on your business.)
Each newsletter should contain:
- Company branding.
- Personalised content (i.e. Dear Sarah).
- Useful article (i.e. info that helps your reader in some way, even if they don’t need your product / service). This should be the intro with a button to read more on your website, which makes it easier to track if anyone’s reading it.
- A relevant image.
- Short excerpt (i.e. quick fact – either entertaining or educational, or something you just wish your customers remembered).
- The offer (i.e. the thing they can buy, with a button or link to get it, or enquire).
- Your contact details (all of them).
Now fill in 3, 4, 5 and 6 for each month until December.
Finally, when compiling the actual email, you would include:
- Great subject line
- Social share buttons
- House-keeping links and disclaimer (join; remove etc.)