If you ever send invitations to events, you know how frustrating it can be when people don’t arrive – especially when they simply forget!
Use this trick to allow guests to save the date of your event to their Outlook calendar, and make sure it’s set so that Outlook reminds them the day before.
- Open Outlook
- Go to the calendar and double click the date of your event
- Fill in the name of the event, the location and the time
- Set the reminder to “1 day” so Outlook reminds them the day before
- It’s often useful to include a Google Maps link or directions to the location, in the event body
- Click the round ‘Office Button’ in the top left of the window
- Click ‘Save As’ and save the file in ‘iCalendar Format’ (this is the .ics file type)
- Click ‘Save’
Now send a reminder to your guests with a link to ‘Save the Date’ and link it to this file (which you would’ve saved online).
If you have any trouble, please contact us.